- Fixed Departure
Upper Mustang Trek is a rare and privileged opportunity, you can experience the true life of the real mountain people of Nepal. In many ways, trekking into the Upper Mustang Area is similar to trekking into Tibet, which geographically is a part of it. Upper Mustang is known by Tibet of Nepal. That was a separate kingdom of Nepal during the king’s period.
Upper Mustang Trek is situated on the northern side of the Annapurna area at an altitude of 4,000m in the Dhaulagiri Zone. Upper Mustang Trekking trail takes you through barren ridges, deep canyons, decayed cliffs, and moraine valleys. The trek is full of varied landscapes along with extraordinary wilderness, untouched scenery, majestic mountains, remarkable 16th-century monasteries, and many other exclusive attractions. The serene view of Kali-Gandaki valley, vast spaces around Kagbeni, and vast ridgelines that lie just below high mountains provide a lifetime experience that is hard to find in any other treks in Nepal.
Mustang, a land where the soul of man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on, while the land itself is almost treeless, barren landscape with a countryside similar to Tibetan plateau, but where beauty and happiness flourishes, despite hardship. This was part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until the 1830s. The fabled medieval wall city of Lo Manthang, the unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom its full of culture and religious heritage. The early history of Lo Manthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Manthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepalese Army.
Due to these reasons, Upper Mustang was a big and important part of Tibet, especially for trading. Besides, it’s unexplored and untouched landscapes; you can get a mesmerizing view of pristine mountain peaks including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, and more. Mani walls, Buddhist shrines, gompas, palace, and mandala are other major highlights of the trek, which takes you to the ancient times. Upper Mustang trekking demands a special permit for foreigners since it is a restricted valley of Nepal. In 1992, this majestic forbidden kingdom was opened and the first group of foreign entered the Upper mustang for the first time. After that, the Upper Mustang is flooded by foreigners to enjoy and explore the beauty of the place and its people.
Located close to the northern boundary of Nepal, the Upper Mustang region lies in the rain shadow of the Annapurna mountain range which makes it the best trekking destination during the monsoon season as very little rainfall occurs here annually.
Planning to do Upper Mustang Trek? If you are, then feel free to contact us. We will organize the best trip that you will remember for a lifetime.
Note : Provided hotel is 2-3 Star Category , which can be customized as per the requirement of visitor. Moreover, Itinerary is basic outline of the trekking which can be adjusted and modified on request.
- Entry permit for separate Upper Mustang
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System)
- All meals three times a day (Breakfast, lunch and Dinner)
- Accommodation in tea house
- All land transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Pokhara to Kathmandu and Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara
- All pick up and drops (airports to hotel and airport to hotel)
- Duffle bag where you can put your trekking gears
- T-Shirt where our company’s logo will be printed
- One guide for below five persons below ten persons another guide will be add like same in grouping
- Each two persons get one porter (each porter can carry 25 kg of luggage)
- One day accommodation in Pokhara two-night accommodation in Kathmandu will provide you.
- Salary for guide and porters
- Insurance for guide and porters
- Sleeping bag for negative twenty temperature
- Certificate will be provided by Adventure White Himalaya Pvt.Ltd.
- Information about trekking, tour and expedition if anyone interested about the information
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal)
- Personal nature of expenses such as drinking water, hot shower Wi-Fi etc.
- Lunch and dinner in city
- Your personal trekking gears
- Food and accommodation in city
- Light weight trekking boot
- Down jacket Two pairs of loose-fitting long skirts
- Two pairs of cotton T-shirt
- Sun glass and sun hat
- One pairs of sandals
- Two pairs of thin and two pairs of thick woolen socks
- First aids kits
- Flash light
- Sunblock cream
- Water bottle
- Chlorine for the water purification
- Some dry food and candy as well
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing