The Upper Dolpo is very popular for the mysterious and spiritual aura in the hidden valleys of western Nepal. The area is famous for the rarely found animals like the snow leopard and blue sheep. It is located beyond the Dhaulagiri Himalayas rain shadow area, which is also one of the most remote and isolated areas of Nepal. Upper Dolpo Trekking route, one of the restricted area trek is a remote and unspoiled area near the Tibetan border of Nepal. Only in the late eighties, it opened for trekkers. Until then the area was closed for foreigners.
The Upper Dolpo is very popular for the mysterious and spiritual aura in the hidden valleys of western Nepal. The area is famous for the rarely found animals like the snow leopard and blue sheep. It is located beyond the Dhaulagiri Himalayas rain shadow area, which is also one of the most remote and isolated areas of Nepal. Upper Dolpo Trekking route, one of the restricted area trek is a remote and unspoiled area near the Tibetan border of Nepal. Only in the late eighties, it opened for trekkers. Until then the area was closed for foreigners. In his book The Snow Leopard, Peter Mathesons describes his journey through the beautiful land of Dolpo. Nepal’s first English subtitle movie and Oscar nominated Himalaya or Caravan were also shot in this region. Upper Dolpo is a region of mystical beauty. And its remoteness adds to the sense of adventure among its visitors. The customs and traditions seem here are quite similar to those of Tibet. It is one of the restricted trekking regions of Nepal. It requires a special permit. The special permit charged USD 500 for the first ten days and other USD 50 each day after 10 days. The group should at least have two people to get a trekking permit for this trek. Individual trekkers will not get a permit for this region from the trekking permit immigration. The Area of the park spreads 3,500 square kilometers of Land.
Dolpo is the most beautiful and least developed district of Nepal. So, travelers have rarely visited this area because of the high passes trail. It passes through beautiful valleys, interesting places, local settlements, gigantic mountains and greenery forest of pines, Rhododendrons, Oaks, etc. The main highlights of the trek are an ancient, spectacular landscape, mesmerizing Shey Phoksundo lake, isolated villages of Ringmo and the centuries-old monasteries. Phoksundo is the deepest lake of Nepal with its 145m depth according to a survey by the Department of Hydrology and Meteorology. Such as centuries-old Buddhist monasteries (which is known as Shey Gompa) wildlife, pristine lake, soaring peaks and people’s lifestyle of the least developed region are also another attraction of the trek. Here is a holy mountain called “Crystal Mountain” that is why each year hundreds of pilgrims travelers visit the upper Dolpo region and make a circuit of the mountain. The people of this region mostly speak Tibetan languages. Rarely some people can understand the Nepali language.
The Trek begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj about 45 minutes and the next morning flight ends at Jhupal. This trek is best to do in the summer and monsoon season. Winter seasons are avoided for this trek because of the heavy snowfall.
Check out our fixed itinerary for Upper Dolpo Trekking or contact us and we’ll tailor-make an itinerary based on your requirements.
- Entry permit for separate Upper Dolpo
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System)
- All meals three times a day (Breakfast, lunch and Dinner)
- Accommodation in tea house
- All land transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Pokhara to Kathmandu and Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara
- All pick up and drops (airports to hotel and airport to hotel)
- Duffle bag where you can put your trekking gears
- T-Shirt where our company’s logo will be printed
- One guide for below five persons below ten persons another guide will be added like same in grouping
- Each two persons get one porter (each porter can carry 25 kg of luggage)
- One day accommodation in Pokhara two-night accommodation in Kathmandu will provide you.
- Salary for guide and porters
- Insurance for guide and porters
- Sleeping bag for negative twenty temperature
- Certificate will be provided by Adventure White Himalaya Pvt.Ltd.
- Information about trekking, tour and expedition if anyone interested about the information
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal)
- Personal nature of expenses such as drinking water, hot shower Wi-Fi etc.
- Lunch and dinner in city
- Your personal trekking gears
- Food and accommodation in city
- Light weight trekking boot
- Down jacket Two pairs of loose-fitting long skirts
- Two pairs of cotton T-shirt
- Sun glass and sun hat
- One pairs of sandals
- Two pairs of thin and two pairs of thick woolen socks
- First aids kits
- Flash light
- Sunblock cream
- Water bottle
- Chlorine for the water purification
- Some dry food and candy as well
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing