Tsum Valley, or Chum Valley Manaslu trek, is located in the northern most part of the Gorkha district of Nepal.
Tsum Valley is popularly known as the “Hidden Valley” owing to it’s remoteness, and year’s of isolation from the outside world. Tsum come’s from the Tibetan word “Tsombo” which means “Lively” and the village inhabitant’s are called Tsumba people . The local people are devout Buddist’s and follow the teaching’s of Guru Rinpoche.
The Tsum valley continue’s to preserve it’s ancient Buddhist culture and natural treasure’s . The trail is very beautiful and interesting , with beautiful stream’s and river’s, towering mountain’s, cascading waterfall’s and hot mountain spring’s ,the trail is strewn with artistic chorten’s and lined with Mani wall’s, made from thousand’s of stone slab’s carved with detail’s and prayers.
Traditionally Tsum Valley was a distinct geographical area called “Tsum tso Chuksum” which mean’s thirteen province’s ruled as a single territory. The ancient remain’s of the Tsum kingdom are still visable today .Tsum valley is aslo considered a home to the legendary and elusive Yetis.
Tsum Valley’s acquaintance with Tibet ensures this is a unique and unforgettable trek , rich in culture , beauty, and wildlife , especially the Himalayan Thar, and Blue sheep which congregate in herds of 50 to 200.
As previously mentioned on the Tsum Valley trek, you will come across some unique and historic monasteries, including Rachen Gumba and Mu-Gumba which lie on a beautiful plateau nestled in the lap of the valley, and Gumba Lungdang situated at the base of a conical hill , against the main slope of Ganesh Himal. Although Tsum Valley and Manaslu can be taken as independent Trek’s, we have combimed the two beautiful route’s to offer you the best experience of the Himalaya’s local culture and nature.
If the given itinerary is not suited to your time frame, and intrest’s ect, please let us know at (Adventure White Himalaya Treks).whereupon we will be more then happy to tailor an itinerary that suits your requirements , to ensure that you have a memorable and un forgettable trek of a life time.
- Complimentary airport pick up and drop off
- Three night stay in standard hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast included
- All necessary trekking permits for Manaslu, Tsum Valley, Manaslu conservation area, Annapurna conservation area, TIMS card, etc.
- All accommodation during trek.
- Three meals a day during the trek.
- Adventure White Himalaya Treks duffel bag/agency T-shirt.
- Government registered and first-aid trained professional local guide who speaks English First-aid kit.
- Kathmandu to Sotikhola by bus
- Dharapani to either Pokhara or Kathmandu by bus
- Staff insurance, meals, accommodation, equipment, transportation, etc
- Rescue arrangements if necessary
- Agency service charge and government tax/VAT
- Certificate of achievement
- International airfare and Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal Insurance loss of property and theft, etc
- Sightseeing costs (temples, monasteries, etc)
- All beverages, snacks, and additional expenses such as laundry, hot showers, battery charging, Wifi, etc
- Personal gear and expenses
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing