The Thorong La Pass and Tilicho Lake trek might be a little bit demanding considering high altitudes and climbs. Prior experience in trekking is suggested but acclimatization there will also take care of demanding bits.
- Fixed Departure
Thorong La Pass via Tilicho Lake is one of the famous trek located in the Annapurna region. This trek takes you to two of the most popular destination in the Annapurna region: Thorong La pass and Tilicho Lake. Tilicho Lake is one of the highest altitude lakes which is situated at the altitude of 4919 meters above sea level. Tilicho Lake is a glacier lake that collects the glacial melt of the northern slopes of Annapurna and Thorong Peak. Although trekking to Tilicho Lake is a fascinating journey, the real adventure of this trek is crossing the Thorong La Pass (5416 meters).
Thorong La Pass via Tilicho Lake Trek trail takes you along the lush forest, ancient villages with diverse culture and ethnicity, and varied landscapes. The trek starts from the subtropical woodlands in the lower region takes you to the dry arid land of the Mustang. Thus, you will experience diverse landform and climates zones in this trek.
Along with that, the trail goes through a deep gorge, high mountain passes, relaxing hot spring, Hindu and Buddhist monuments, charming farmlands, etc. And you will get a magnificent mountain views of Annapurna (8,097m), Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Manaslu (8,163m), Machhapuchhre (6,998m) and Tukuche (6,920m).
This Thorpng La Pass via Tilicho Lake trek begins from an 8 to 9 hours drive to the Besisahar from Kathmandu. Besisahar is the starting point of this Thorong La Pass Trek via Tilicho Lake. After getting to Besisahar, we start our hike along the Marshyangdi River. While walking, the trail rewards you with great views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east. As mentioned earlier, you will walk through several ancient villages populated by a diverse group of people with a variety of ethnicity that offering picturesque views of the Himalayas. We have customized this route as it is the same as Annapurna Circuit Trek.
We take the same route as Annapurna Circuit Trek till Manang. From Manang instead of hiking north to Tanki Manang and Yak Kharka, we hike toward the main valley to the west and pass the Khangshar Village to finally reach Tilicho Lake. After spending some time inhaling the beauty of Tilicho lake, we trek back to Manang.
Then we head towards Yak Kharka and cross Thorong La Pass at the elevation of 5,416 m. After the pass, the trail is a steep descend to Muktinath and then to Jomsom from where a 30-minute scenic flight takes us to the Pokhara.
Note : Provided hotel is 2-3 Star Category , which can be customized as per the requirement of visitor. Moreover, Itinerary is basic outline of the trekking which can be adjusted and modified on request.
- Airport pick up(Company Name Plate) & drop off service by private tourist vehicle.
- All Ground Transport.
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Flight From Jomsom to Pokhara .
- All your standard Meals during the lodge to lodge during the trek(Breakfasts,Lunches and Dinners).
- All trekking and climbing related permit & fees, (Entry Permit Annapurna conservation fees).
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System).
- Adventure White Himalaya duffel bag/kit bag and T-shirt.
- Nepal Government license on holder English speaking trekking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests below 25 kg.).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses Insurance for guide and porters.
- Salary for guide and porters.
- All information about trekking, tour and expeditions.
- Certificate of achievement.
- International air fare your home Country to Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa fees.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal).
- Meals while not on the trek.
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing