- Fixed Departure
Poonhill Short Trek, commonly known as Ghorepani Poonhill Trek, is a Wonderful Experience, it is short easy, and the most picturesque trek, that will leave you breathless in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The Ghorepani poonhill short trek will also give you a good insight into the local rich ethnic villages of Gurung and Magar whilst passing through and beautiful forest’s, with diverse flora and fauna. This is what makes the Ghorepani Poonhill short trek one of the most suitable trek for people who want to experience the real Nepal. The Ghorepani poonhill trek starts in the paradise city of Pokhara, where you can relax with a bottle of beer or go boating on the Phewa lake,with its stunning views of the snow-capped peaks. Pokhara is a place that will captivate you with its natural beauty .
The Ghorepani Poonhill trek begins with an hour’s drive, passing through Modi khola to Nayapul which is the starting point of the trek. Trekking along the low elevation landscape passing through dense forest and vegetation adorned by rhododendron, orchid’s and magnolia, the forest is also inhabited by the white breasted kingfisher,highland butterfly and other exotic animals and birds. We stay overnight at Tikhedhunga, we then head to Ghorepani passing through small villages, Ulleri, Bunthati and Nayathati ,with some picturesque views of the himalayas hiding in the shade of the tree’s. We stay overnight at Ghorepani. Ghorepani is actually derived frron Nepal words Ghoda (horse) and pani (water). in ancient time’s trader’s used this route to trade from Tibet. they found water resources here for there, horse’s and named the place Ghorepani.
We leave Ghorepani at dawn heading up to Poonhill, here you will experience unforgettable views,as the golden rays of the sun slowly rise through the Annapurna Himalaya range. Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Mt.Nilgiri, Tukuche peak, Lamjung Himal and other peak’s. After sunrise we start to descend (there is no risk of Altitude sickness on this trek) toward’s Tadapani ,and then through the cultural and traditional Gurung village of Ghandruk, heading back to Pokhara. So,what are you waiting for ? Contact Adventure White Himalaya Treks (AWHT) who will organize all travel detail for you.
If you have more days you can look Ghorepani Ghandruk trekking too.
- All the Ground Transportation from airport pick up to airport drop.
- All Ground Transport.
- 2 nights Hotel in Kathmandu
- 2 nights Hotel in Pokhara
- Guest house on Trekking. 1 main course meal 3 times a day during the trek.
- All trekking and climbing related permit & fees, (Entry Permit Annapurna conservation fees and TIMS Card).
- Adventure White Himalaya Treks Dufalbage
- Professional Trekking English Speaking guides,(2:1) potters .
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes and VAT
- Guide & porter’s insurance
- Trekking/climbing certificate from the agency
- Company T-short (Adventure White Himalaya Treks)
- International air fare to/ from Nepal.
- Entry Visa fees – at present $25 for 15 days, US$ 40 for 30 days, and US$ 100 for three-month visa on entry into Nepal.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Meals while not on the trek. (Kathmandu & Pokhara).
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing