- Fixed Departure
Mera Peak is the highest trekking peak in Nepal. It is situated on the edge of the famous Khumbu Region, which is dominated by Mount Everest. Although very high, Mera Peak is a straight forward climb and is frequently ascended by groups and an individual who’s only climbing qualifications are that they are fit and have an out-going sense of adventure.
The trek takes us south from the airstrip at Lukla, trekking through beautiful forested hillsides and over several passes before climbing up to the Mera La. After the climb, we descend directly to Lukla. The Mera Expedition is a high-altitude trek and climb. Participants need to be fit and conversant with the use of an ice-axe and crampons. Instruction in the use of these will be given at our base camp near the Mera La if required. In good conditions, it is possible for a fit party to reach the summit and return to Khare in one day. This is a rewarding experience as it provides glorious views of Nepal and a vista that takes in Kangchenjunga and Makalu to the east and Everest appearing over the massive southern aspect of Nuptse and Lhotse to the north. To the west stands the spires of Ama Dablam and Kang Taiga and in the distance is the mighty bastion of Cho Oyu. This is a fine panorama of many of the world’s highest peaks.
The climb itself takes the north face glacier in a steady rise to the summit ridge which leads, in an exposed and exciting situation, to the top. After the mountain has been climbed, we return by a direct route across a dramatic ridge to Lukla and the flight to Kathmandu.This trip can be organized both as a trip with tented accommodation in camps as well as tea house/guesthouse accommodation. In this Mera Peak Climbing itinerary we have only included the accommodation in tea houses as it is relatively much cheaper than camping (staying in tent and cooking meals in kitchen tent). But the accommodation at high/base camp (1/2 days) will be in a tent as there are no guesthouses/teahouses up there. This is included in the itinerary. In case of one to two trekkers, the guide himself will prepare the food whereas in case of a greater number of trekkers, separate cook will be sent along to prepare food at tented camps.
The weather in the Himalayas is unpredictable. It can change within few hours which is why a spare day has been added keeping the fact in mind. In case of bad weather on the day of summit, you can walk up the summit the following day. Otherwise, if the weather remains sane and works in the favour then the spare day can be utilized any other day within the day of flight from Lukla back to Kathmandu. Since the flights are pre-booked, the cancellation and rescheduling might not be possible especially during the peak seasons. Thus, this one day can be spent on relaxation or rest wherever required.
- Airport pick up & drop off service by private tourist vehicle.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- City tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals during the lodge to lodge trek and camping (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners).
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (Twin sharing and occasionally dormitory room at guesthouse and Tented camp stay at climbing time-Mera Base Camp).
- Nepal Government license on holder English speaking trekking guide.
- Climbing Sherpa from peak base camp for the summit and back to base camp.
- Group climbing equipment (Climbing Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar, Ice Hammer, Camping Tents and Kitchen equipment)
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Mera Peak Climbing Permit.
- Sleeping bag by Adventure White Himalaya (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Adventure White Himalaya duffel bag/kit bag and T-shirt
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Certificate of climbing which provided by NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Association)
- Certificate of climbing which provided by Adventure White Himalaya treks when you will be back from the expedition
- Official expenses.
- International air fare your home Country to Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa fees.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal).
- Meals while not on the trek.
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal climbing Equipment and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing