Lower Mustang is a part of Annapurna Conservation Area Project, that has the largest protected biodiversity area in Nepal. The trek offers the opportunity to explore the Tibetan culture as Mustang is considered for its long historical and cultural relationship with Tibet.
- Fixed Departure
Lower Mustang is a part of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, which has the largest protected biodiversity area in Nepal. The Lower Mustang trek offers the opportunity to explore the Tibetan culture as Mustang is considered for its long historical and cultural relationship with Tibet. In addition, the Gurung, community-based Mag community-based villages are nevertheless unique with their welcoming nature. The scenic Himalayan panorama of Dhaulagiri and the entire Annapurna massif is an unforgettable life experience.
This 14 days Lower Mustang Trek is a moderate short & easy family trek, plus the permit cost is way cheaper than other treks.
Lower Mustang Trek starts with a six hours drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, then two hours drive further to Nayapul from where the trekking starts. The route heads towards Ghandruk (1,950 m) – a Gurung community-based village popular for its cultural and traditional significance. Walking through dense rhododendron filled forests the trail reaches Ghorepani (2,880 m).
An early morning hike from Ghorepani to Poon Hill (3,210 m) is a must for breathtaking scenic views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna massif. The trail then goes through Tatopani, Ghasa towards the apple garden of Marpha (2,670 m). The trail is followed through the deepest gorge in the world – Kali Gandaki Valley. The route then heads towards Muktinath (3,795 m) – a Hindu temple with huge religious significance, and finally to Jomsom. An early morning flight to Pokhara after several days of trekking surely is a good option. Drive back to Kathmandu from Pokhara is how the trek ends with Nepal.
Muktinath is one of the major highlights of this Mustang trekking due to its religious importance. The main holy place is a pagoda-shaped temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu; there are 108 waterspouts around the Temple. Muktinath temple is considered as the symbol of harmony between Hinduism and Buddhism. Lower mustang tour is great to do for all age travelers from all around the world.
Planning to do Lower Mustang Trek? Adventure White Himalaya Trek is all set to take you to the Lower Mustang region of Nepal. Feel free to contact us for any questions or queries.
Note : Provided hotel is 2-3 Star Category , which can be customized as per the requirement of visitor. Moreover, Itinerary is basic outline of the trekking which can be adjusted and modified on request.
- Airport pick up(Company Name Plate) & drop off service by private tourist vehicle.
- All ground Transport.
- 3 Night Hotel in Kathmandu and one Two Night Hotel in Pokhara.
- Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara
- All your standard Meals during the lodge to lodge during the trek (Breakfasts,Lunches and Dinners).
- All trekking and climbing related permit & fees, (Entry Permit Annapurna conservation fees).
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System)
- Adventure White Himalaya Treks duffel bag/kit bag and T-shirt.
- Nepal Government license on holder English speaking trekking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests below 25 kg.).
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses Insurance for guide and porters
- Salary for guide and porters
- All information about trekking, tour and expeditions.
- Certificate of achievement
- International air fare your home Country to Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa fees.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal).
- Meals while not on the trek.
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing