Jiri to Everest Base Camp and Kalapatthar is a highly praised trekking route of the Everest region. It was in 1953 when two renown figures Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa had taken the same route for the Mt. Everest expedition.
- Fixed Departure
Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek is a highly praised trekking route of the Everest region. It was in 1953 when two renowned figures Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa had taken the same route for the Mt. Everest expedition. Also known as the “Classic Everest Base Camp Trek”, this trek is best for those trekkers who have enough time in hand with good physical fitness and good health. This 22 days Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek helps the trekkers to acclimatize well before hiking up to the famous viewpoint of Kalapatthar at 5,545m, which is the highest point of the trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri route is a less explored trail to trek to the Everest Base Camp. The trail takes us through varied terrains, beautiful alpine forests, glacial rivers along with the warm hospitality of ethnic people such as Tamang, Jirel, Rai, Chetri, and Sherpa of the Khumbu region. Jiri EBC Trek allows the trekkers to immerse themselves into the spectacular beauty of the Himalayas and its surrounding landscapes. During the trek, you can explore the stunning Buddhist monasteries with prayer flags, the Sherpa, and other ethnic villages where you can get the insight into the typical mountain lifestyle.
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trekking allows you to experience the breath-taking sunrise view over majestic mountains including Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Pumori, etc. from the vantage point, Kalapatthar. You can get mesmerizing views of the mountain along with rich culture and natural beauty making this trek an intense trekking experience.
Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek consists of a huge amount of up-and-down walking. All the rivers in Nepal flow from north to the south from the Himalayan glaciers, but the trekking trail takes to the east direction. Thus, the trail firstly climbs up to the ridge that separates two rivers, then down to the river crossing the suspension bridge, and again ascending on the next ridge. Even though the treks begin at an altitude of 1,860 m, on the sixth day, it crosses the Dudh Koshi river which sits at 1,500 m, after considerable uphill (and downhill) walking. Thus, Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek is a long, hard trek with many steep hills.
Enjoy the oldest route to Everest Base Camp with us and experience the exact walking journey to the Everest Base Camp, which was experienced by Tenzing and Hillary in 1953. Furthermore, if you need any support or have any queries regarding this trek or any other trek in Nepal, please feel free to contact us. You can also do the famous trail to Everest Base Camp from Lukla.
Note : Provided hotel is 2-3 Star Category , which can be customized as per the requirement of visitor. Moreover, Itinerary is basic outline of the trekking which can be adjusted and modified on request.
- Airport pick up & drop off service by private tourist vehicle.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast.
- All your standard Meals during the lodge to lodge during the trek (Breakfasts,Lunches and Dinners).
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Nepal Government license on holder English speaking trekking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests below 25 kg.).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS card for trekking.
- Airfare from Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Lukla airport.
- Adventure White Himalaya duffel bag/kit bag and T-shirt.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses Insurance for guide and porters.
- Salary for guide and porters.
- All information about trekking, tour and expeditions.
- Certificate of achievement.
- International air fare your home Country to Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa fees.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal).
- Meals while not on the trek.
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing