Honey Hunting Tour is one of the very adventurous tours that includes the amazing and surprising scene of Nepal with it. Nepal is a rich country in honeybee and is a better place for the honey hunting. There are at least five different species of Honeybee in Nepal. The wild honey bees make the beehives hanging on the rock. This tour can be a challenging tour for those with knowledge of rock climbing and are brave enough to take the risk. With honey hunting, there is the chance of viewing and experiencing the traditional honey harvest of Gurung people. honey hunting is a tradition twice (spring and autumn) a year to collect the wild honey from the hive hanging on a rock hill.
The traditional way of honey hunting is taken as adventure tour in the world. The honey hunters are a tribe of Mongol in Nepal who follow the tradition of honey hunting, a tradition passed down since generations. The honey is taken as the main source of sweets in ancient time when there was no sugar produced. Extracting honey from rock bees that live in steep slope is an age-old tradition of some of the indigenous Nepali communities like Gurungs and Magars. Among many mountain cliffs in Nepal, the Budhi Gandaki valley Manasalu region and the Cliffs in Annapurna region have a notable presence of wild bee which makes hive on the vertical slopes of these cliffs. Hunting cliff honey is a dangerous activity and most of the cliffs are named and remembered by the names of honey hunters who died during honey harvesting. Honey hunting tour can be taken as a very old tradition in the mountain areas of Nepal. In the past, people used to organize religious ceremony before collecting honey to protect themselves from the attack of honeybees and any misshapen. The locals celebrate the honey hunting as a festival by offering flowers, grains, and sheep to the God before hunting. The worship was organized also to respect the hard work of honeybees and their contribution to the survival of human beings. Everyone is thrilled to watch honey hunters at work.
It is undertaken by experienced villagers who hang from cliffs as tall as 300 m with the help of homemade ropes and Bamboo ladders. The lead honey hunter collects honey in the bucket from the beehives and passes down to another person. This wild honey was used for a medical purpose which still exists and has medicinal value with a great deal of money in the international market.
Nepal honey hunting tour is still part of traditional livelihood that is why it is more interesting for tourists to know the Nepali traditional honey hunting knowledge and skills. The trekking routes to and from the honey bee hives are exciting and breathtaking. Honey hunting in Nepal also enables visitors to take in the beauty and magnificence of the Nepali landscape and wildlife. At the same time, tourists can experience the culture. Thus, it adds more color to our delight. Honey hunting tour is the best opportunity to view and experience the traditional method of wild honey harvesting and hunting which is worth a visit.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with an expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Guest house/homestay accommodation during the honey hunting tour
- Hiking guide, honey hunter expert, honey hunting crews,
- Daily meals during the tour ( breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- All needed royalties and permit
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Certificate provided by Adventure White himalaya
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the tour by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van depends on Clients requirement and budget.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.