Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo Lakes, Gokyo Ri, and towards the famous Thyangboche monastery. The Gokyo Lake Trek start’s from Lukla town, after taking a short, but interesting flight from Kathmandu.
- Fixed Departure
Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo Lakes, Gokyo Ri in the Everest region. Gokyo Lake Trek is the best alternative to the classic Everest Base Camp Trek that provides a mesmerizing view of the Everest as well as overnight stays in the Namche Bazaar which is also known as the gateway to Khumbu region.
The Gokyo Lake trail is not as busy as the Everest Base Camp trek trail but it rewards the trekkers with an insight into the local lifestyle, breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains, and of course the dazzling turquoise waters of Gokyo Lakes themselves.
Gokyo Lakes are the collection of six bodies of lakes that are located in the Gokyo valley. These lakes are the world’s highest freshwater lake system. Due to this reason, they have been assigned as a Ramsar site and is sacred pilgrims to both Hindus and Buddhists.
The Gokyo Lake Trek start’s from Lukla town, after taking a short, but interesting flight from Kathmandu. We then follow the Dudh Koshi River towards Namche, the gateway of the Khumbu region, passing through the cultural village and serene alpine woodland. After Namche, we branch off from the main trail towards the sleepy villages of Phortse Thanga, Dole, and Machhermo. The Marchhermo village is partially sheltered from the wind, by the steep hillside, spur’s to the North and South with a tremendous view of the rocky amphitheater that block’s the glen to the west.
From Machhermo the landscape dramatically changes, to broad pasture’s, narrow clefts, with steeply climbing trail’s, stream’s to cross, and wastes, which continue up to the third lake Dudh Pokhari, a beautiful turquoise in color, and reflecting the white face of Cho-Oyu, the sixth highest mountain in the world.
Ahead we can see our final destination Gokyo Lake. from the summit of Gokyo Ri, you can absorb the once in a lifetime view of the Himalayas including Mt.Everest (8,848 m.) Lhotse (8,516 m.) Nuptse (7,855 m.) Mt.Cho-Oyu (8,201 m.) Amadablam (6,812 m.) Kangtega (6,782 m.) Thamserku (6,623 m.) Kwangde (6,011 m.) Kusum Kanguru (6,373 m.) Holi peak Khumbi-la (5,761 m.) and as far 5” highest Mt.Makalu (8,463 m.) but to name a few.
From here you can also see the Largest Glacier in Nepal named Ngozumpa apart from this you can also view the tremendous ice ridge between Cho-Oyu and Gyachung Kung (7,922 m.) one of the most dramatic panoramic views of the Gokyo Lake Trek. From the Gokyo Ri, the trek continues, leading into beautiful alpine woodland, to the beautiful Tengboche Monastery surrounded by the mountain peaks, including, Mt.Everest and the majestic Mt.Amadablam. Finally, this most memorable and unforgettable trek concludes back at the town of Lukla, with the unforgettable flight back to Kathmandu.
Note : Provided hotel is 2-3 Star Category , which can be customized as per the requirement of visitor. Moreover, Itinerary is basic outline of the trekking which can be adjusted and modified on request.
- Airport pick up drop service
- All ground transportation on a comfortable vehicle as per the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation at Kathmandu
- Domestic air ticket (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Domestic airport Tax
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (Sagarmatha National Park permit’s, TIMS)
- Company T-shirt
- Guest house according to given itinerary (sharing in 2 bedrooms) and 3 meals (Breakfast, lunch, Dinner) during the trek
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trekking Guide and required porters
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation
- Adventure White Himalaya Treks duffel bag
- Adventure Certificate
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country
- International air fare your home Country to Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa fees.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal).
- Meals while not on the trek.
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing