Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo Lakes, Gokyo Ri, and towards the famous Thyangboche monastery. The Gokyo Lake Trek start’s from Lukla town, after taking a short, but interesting flight from Kathmandu.
Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo Lakes, Gokyo Ri, and towards the famous Tengboche monastery. The Gokyo Lake Trek start’s from Lukla town, after taking a short, but interesting flight from Kathmandu. We then follow the Dudh Koshi river towards Namche, the gateway of the Khumbu region, passing through traditional cultural village and serene alpine woodland.
After Namche, we branch off from the main trail towards the sleepy villages of Phortse Thanga, Dole, and Machhermo. The Marchhermo village is partially sheltered from the wind, by the steep hillside, spur’s to the North and South with a tremendous view of the rocky amphitheater that block’s the glen to the west.
From Machhermo the landscape dramatically changes, to broad pasture’s, narrow clefts, with steeply climbing trail’s, stream’s to cross, and wastes, which continue up to the third lake Dudh Pokhari, a beautiful turquoise in colour , and reflecting the white face of Cho-Oyu, the sixth highest mountain in the world.
Ahead we can see our final destination Gokyo Lake. from the summit of Gokyo Ri, you can absorb the once in a lifetime view’s of the Himalayas including Mt.Everest (8,848 m.) Lhotse (8,516 m.) Nuptse (7,855 m.) Mt.Cho-Oyu (8,201 m.) Amadablam (6,812 m.) Kangtega (6,782 m.) Thamserku (6,623 m.) Kwangde (6,011 m.) Kusum Kanguru (6,373 m.) Holi peak Khumbi-la (5,761 m.) and as far 5” highest Mt.Makalu (8,463 m.) but to name a few.
From here you can also see the Largest Glacier in Nepal named Ngozumpa apart from this you can also view the tremendous ice ridge between Cho-Oyu and Gyachung Kung (7,922 m.) one of the most dramatic panoramic views of the Gokyo Lake Trek. From the Gokyo Ri, the trek continues, leading into beautiful alpine woodland, to the beautiful Tengboche Monastery surrounded by the mountain peaks, including, Mt.Everest and the majestic Mt.Amadablam. Finally, this most memorable and unforgettable trek concludes back at the town of Lukla, with the unforgettable flight back to Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up drop service
- All ground transportation on a comfortable vehicle as per the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation at Kathmandu
- Domestic air ticket (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Domestic airport Tax
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (Sagarmatha National Park permit’s, TIMS)
- Company T-shirt
- Guest house according to given itinerary (sharing in 2 bedrooms) and 3 meals (Breakfast, lunch, Dinner) during the trek
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trekking Guide and required porters
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation
- Adventure White Himalaya Treks duffel bag
- Adventure Certificate
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country
- International air fare your home Country to Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa fees.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal).
- Meals while not on the trek.
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing