Chola Pass (5,420 m.) is one of the highest and technical passes of Nepal Himalayas which can combine be done with Everest Base Camp trekking. Travelers love to do Everest Base Camp with Chola Pass trekking from Gokyo side but it also can be done in a reverse way.
- Fixed Departure
Everest Base Camp Trek via Cho La Pass is one of the most alluring as well as challenging trek in Nepal. This 17 days trek combines three of the major attactraction of Everest region which includes Gokyo Valley, Cho La Pass and Everest Base Camp Trek. Crossing the Cho La Pass (5,420 m) to reach the Everest Base Camp (5364m) is thrilling experience. Cho La Pass is one of the highest and technical passes of Nepal Himalayas, thus it is a challenging task in itself. However, with good fitness level and proper aclimatization, you can successfully cross the pass. Travelers love to do Everest Base Camp via Cho La Pass trekking from Gokyo side but it also can be done in a reverse way.
After a 35-min scenic mountain flight to Lukla from Kathmandu, our 17 days trek to Everest Base Camp via Cho La Pass and Gokyo lake begins. From Lukla, the trail passes through Phakding, Monjo and Jorsale to reach Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar is a beautiful city in the lap of Himalaya which is also known as the Gateway to Everest region where you will have a spare day for acclimatization. Namche Bazaar and a hike Hotel Everest View offer you some panoramic view of the mountain located in Everest Region.
From Namche, the trail take us through some beautiful Sherpa settlements such as Dole, Machhermo and finally at Gokyo Valley. Gokyo Valley is a stunning valley situated just beside the Gokyo Lake. A climb to Gokyo Ri, probably, offers a 360-degree panorama of the giant peaks in Everest region including the top of the world, Mt. Everest. We can also witness the breathtaking view of the Gokyo Lakes, and Ngozumba Glacier which is the largest glacier of Nepal. We continue our trek through Thaknak and then crosses the Cho La Pass to join the usual route of the Everest Base Camp Trek. Passing through the beautiful Sherpa villages, you explore and get insight on Sherpa culture, customs, and rituals, and enjoy the grand hospitality. Along with that, this trek also provides an oppurtunity to the trekkers to explore the Tibetan Budhhism as you visit gompas and enjoy the ancient monuments along the trail.
The trail then continues through Dzongla, Lobuche to finally reach Gorakshep. Finally, a climb to Kalapatthar and Everest Base Camp offers you the most astonishing view of the top of the world, Mt. Everest, Cho Oyu ( 8,201 m) and Lhotse (8,516 m), Pumori, Nuptse and numerous other famous peaks above 6,000 m. At the moment, you will entirely feel ecstatic that you are deeply in love with the giant peaks. After the submitting the Kalapatthar and getting to the Everest Base Camp, we begin to trek back to Lukla passing Lobuche, Pheriche, Tengboche and Namche Bazaar. After reaching Lukla, we then fly back to Kathmandu.
If the Everest Cho La Pass Trek itinerary is not suited to your time frame, and interest’s etc, please feel free to contact us.We will be more then happy to tailor an itinerary that suits your requirements, to ensure that you have a memorable and unforgettable trek of a lifetime.
Note : Provided hotel is 2-3 Star Category , which can be customized as per the requirement of visitor. Moreover, Itinerary is basic outline of the trekking which can be adjusted and modified on request.
- Airport pick up (Company Name Plate) & drop off service by private tourist vehicle.
- Accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast.
- All your standard Meals during the lodge to lodge during the trek(Breakfasts,Lunches and Dinners).
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Nepal Government license on holder English speaking trekking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests below 25 kg.).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS card for trekking.
- Sleeping bag by Adventure White Himalaya Treks (AWHT) (which one is need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Adventure White Himalaya Treks (AWHT) duffel bag/kit bag and T-shirt.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses Insurance for guide and porters
- Salary for guide and porters
- All information about trekking, tour and expeditions.
- Certificate of achievement
- International air fare your home Country to Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa fees.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Emergency mountain medical rescue (provided by your insurance company please buy it in your country you can’t buy it in Nepal).
- Meals while not on the trek.
- Personal Porter Personal expenses such as snacks, all drink, Wi-Fi, hot shower, gear, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing